Enjoy Your Yard!
Care for your yard
How to Prep Your Patio For Fall
All over Schaumburg and the Chicagoland area, patios tend to be the universal meeting spot Whether you have an existing patio or have an idea in mind to make one, More Pro Inc is who to call.
Just like any other chores around the house, like keeping it clean, you need to keep your patio clean as well. We spend a lot of money having the perfect outside space to enjoy the nights. But for first timers, there are a few things that you should know.
- DON’T feel obligated to seal your patio. It will give your patio a permanent wet look and you will need to reseal it every 2 years non stop.
- DON’T overdo washing a stone patio. Since natural stone tends to flake, overzealous washing can actually wear the surface away. It’s generally better to wash as needed rather than on a regular schedule.
- DO be careful with power washing. Too much pressure can damage stone surfaces. Too much pressure can cause for divots or marks to be left behind.
- DO sweep away debris regularly. Trapped dirt and leaves tend to lead to mold, rot and stains – prevention is always better than the cure.
- DO rearrange furniture at least once a year. This is especially important here in Illinois where mildew is prone, because furnishings and rugs trap in moisture.
- DON’T obsess over concrete imperfections. Hairline cracks are becoming industry standards. Trying to fix them with additional cement or grout tends to make them look worse than the crack alone.
- DO install irrigation for potted plants. A container garden is a great addition for ambiance, but it can wreak havoc on your patio surface. Puddling due to overwatering leads to mold and stains from mineral buildup.
How to take care of a patio
Easy Worry-free Maintenance
When spring comes around, its the peak time to clean your patio to get ready for a summer full of use or to enjoy the cool nights of Fall. Here is the perfect way to clean your cement or paver patio. Before you begin, move everything including plants, furniture and other accessories off the patio. Be sure to sweep the surface to remove dirt and other debris.
To remove light dirt, you can use just cleaner and a stiff brush. Add ⅛ cup of dishwashing detergent to some water and bleach in a spray bottle. Spray this onto your patio and let it sit for a few, then scrub with the brush. Do not use a metal brush as it will leave fragments and then leave rust stains on the surface.
If you feel more comfortable with natural, eco-friendly options, you can make them from items in your kitchen. Vinegar can be used to clean anything and it works well with patios. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water to clean slight stains. For heavily stained or mildewed patios, you’ll need a pressure washer. Once your patio is clean protect it from future stains by sealing it with a concrete sealer.
Additional Services Available
Concrete Driveways & Floors
Concrete Patios, Walks and Steps
Landscape Curbing Installation
Some of our Service Achievements & Recognition
Get In Touch
Owner: Emmanuel Perez
309 Ridge Circle Streamwood, Illinois 60107
- Free Estimates
- Credit Cards Accepted